Hanging baskets are a great way to add color and beauty to any outdoor space, but they also require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for maintaining your hanging baskets:
- Watering: Hanging baskets dry out more quickly than in-ground plants, so be sure to check them daily and water as needed. Use a watering can with a long spout or a watering wand to reach the bottom of the basket. Water until it runs out the bottom, and be sure to empty the saucer or tray underneath to prevent water from standing for too long. We recommend watering underneath the leaves or at the base of the plant up and alternating where to water. Sometimes if plants get too much water in one spot it can move the plants apart or create a space.
- Fertilizing: Hanging baskets will benefit from regular fertilization. Use a water-soluble fertilizer and follow the package instructions for application rates. Fertilize every 2 weeks during the growing season.
- Pruning: Prune your hanging baskets regularly to remove any leggy or damaged growth. This will encourage bushier and healthier growth, and also promote more blooms.
- Pest and disease control: Keep an eye out for pests and diseases and take action as soon as you notice any issues. Use a pesticide or insecticide specifically for hanging baskets, following the instructions on the label.
- Location: Hanging baskets should be placed in a spot that gets a good amount of sun and is protected from strong winds. Be sure to rotate your hanging baskets every few weeks to ensure that all sides receive equal amounts of sunlight.
By following these tips, you can keep your hanging baskets looking beautiful and healthy all season long. Remember to be consistent and patient, and your hanging baskets will reward you with a stunning display of color. We have carefully curated all of our basket mixes and are eager to have you enjoy them on your house or patio!