Egg Plant (12" Pot with Cage)
Egg Plant Patio Baby is a very early and highly productive eggplant with a compact habit, making it a great choice for containers or in the garden. Deep purple, egg-shaped fruit should be harvested at baby size 2 to 3 inches, and are delicious roasted or in dips and salads.
The thornless leaves allow for painless harvesting and make it family-friendly.
Plants will continue to produce fruit throughout the entire season.
- Size: 12" Pot plus 16” tall plastic cage
- Variety: Patio Baby
- Habit: Determinate (limits plant growth once fruit are established)
- Fruit Size: 2-3” long and 2” wide
- Days to Maturity: From Transplant – 45 days
- Light: Full Sun
- Watering: Water the plant regularly to ensure it does not dry out. The plant will require significant water when it is producing fruit in the late summer heat.
- Feeding: Fertilize until established, best done in slow-release or liquid form
- Skill Level: Mid Level